Terms and Conditions of Use
Copyright and Image Use Statement
Images included in Stonewall: Riot, Rebellion, Activism and Identity are intended for public use, research, and viewing for education and scholarship. Although the materials are publicly accessible, some may be protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.).
The nature of some materials may make copyright difficult to determine. When known, information on permissions is noted. Previously published pages of text have been scanned or photographed and presented with proper scholarly citation. Transmission, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use under the copyright laws generally requires written permission of the copyright owner. I have determined that the images, audio and documents presented here are available for fair use for the following reasons: permission has been granted by the copyright owner, the original owner (if identified) cannot be contacted and/or the original creator/owner cannot be determined. Users of this website must make their own determination of rights in light of their intended use and have a duty to determine any copyright or other use restrictions when copying, distributing or using materials available here.
I welcome information from any copyright owners who are not properly identified so that appropriate details may be provided in the future. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with information.
Privacy and Publicity Rights
Privacy and publicity rights address interests separate and distinct from copyright interests. I have determined that the images and documents presented here do not infringe on privacy and publicity rights in the context and interest of scholarly and educational research. Audio interviews and transcripts have been authorized for publication on this website by the subjects. Users accept the responsibility to make individual determinations as to whether privacy and/or publicity rights are applicable by the nature of the materials and how such materials will be used.
Conditions of Use
By their use of the materials included in Stonewall: Riot, Rebellion, Activism and Identity, users agree to follow these conditions of use:
- Users are obliged to determine whether their use of copyright-protected material may be prohibited or restricted, or may be available for fair use under copyright laws.
- Users are obliged to determine whether their use of material may implicate privacy and/or publicity rights.
- For the intention of private study, scholarship and research, users may reproduce materials without prior permission. Please give proper attribution to the source when citing the materials.
- Materials may not be used for any commercial purpose.
- Materials (including original text, images, audio recordings) may not be re-published in print or electronic form without prior written permission from the creator of this site.
For additional details on copyright and the use of Archival materials, I recommend the Society of American Archivist's brochure "Copyright and Unpublished Materials: An Introduction for Users of Archives and Manuscript Collections".
This website is the intellectual property of Christopher Gioia, created expressly for scholarly and educational purposes in pursuance of a Graduate degree at SUNY Empire State College.