Copyright and Image Use Statement
Images included in Stonewall: Riot, Rebellion, Activism and Identity are intended for public use, research, and viewing for education and scholarship.
The nature of some materials may make copyright difficult to determine. When known, information on permissions should be noted. Transmission, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use under the copyright laws generally requires written permission of the copyright owner. When submitting documents not personally created by the contributor, please determine rights and any copyright or other use restrictions beforehand.
Privacy and Publicity Rights
Privacy and publicity rights address interests separate and distinct from copyright interests. Contributors accept the responsibility to make individual determinations as to whether privacy and/or publicity rights are applicable by the nature of the materials and knowledge that such materials will be published on this site. The administrator of stonewallhistory.us may also make any determinations and notify the contributor of issues before publication online.
Conditions of Use
By their submission of the materials to Stonewall: Riot, Rebellion, Activism and Identity, users agree to follow these conditions of use:
- Users are obliged to determine whether the material they submit is copyright-protected and may be prohibited or restricted or available for fair use under copyright laws.
- Users are obliged to determine whether their submission of material may implicate privacy and/or publicity rights.
- Materials submitted will be used with the intention of private study, scholarship and research only.
- Materials submitted will not be used for any commercial purpose.
- Material will be cited with information provided by the contributor unless anonymity is requested.